Monday, December 22, 2008

B to the A to the B to the A - BABA (travels)

I write this post as I recover from my the extreme trauma that I was put thru during my travel to Pune ... it was kullu's wedding , my roommate for an yer.. my neighbour for another 3 years ... I had to go.. this would be my closest encounter with this phenomenon called wedding...there was no second thots about that ... other ppl from my college MY Group were coming too - karam, datar, sunia, suhas (shemdia), arshad .... almost my full group - the weekend in Barneys words was gonna be "LEGEND- wait for it wait for it -- DARYYY ..." - no way i hell was i gonna miss this trip to Pune..
and well tats wat the trip to Pune turned out to be .. :) ... and i mean literally the road trip from Indore to Pune in this god forsaken fckedup bloody jhatka gadi (bullock cart) in the costume of a bus owned by this SOB called BABA was like travelling thru hell to get to wat was heaven ...
it all started badly.. as after work on thursay I was plannin to leave Indore by a decent Volvo at 8.30 (and as usual I had successfully procrastinated my travel booking to the last fw hours for which i thank god) - and this volvo got cancelled... after having searched quiet sometime to find an alternate bus to travel and after having almost given up all hope of finding one tat nite, we (me and my team here in Indore) went to one last travel agent (who is another fckin SOB)who lied to me that there is one last bus to DIRECT to pune at 9.00 in the nite... and well my sad journey to Pune started off all wrong rite from the time the bus left the place half an hour late ...
i guess the ppl who made the bus either forgot to put shock absorbers (or leaf springs as I know now) in the bus or that SOB who owned these buses in all probability sold them off for a few extra bucks ... the whole bus wud jump a few meters above the ground every time it went over a pebble a few millimeters thick ... i was given a sleeper - forget sleeping there it was impossible even to sit straight man ...
and my story just gets better... the agent at indore had assured me that the bus wud reach Pune at 10.00 Am the next day morning.. forget pune the Bus got only upto Shirdi (I had no intention of getting there i swear) at 9.00 AM (still another 200 kms from Pune) and to top it off the driver tells me tats where his journey ends and so does mine- so sirji please find another bus to get to Pune - tata byebye go screw urself sirji ....
I had a good mind to find a bat and traash the whole goddam bus down and yell at the top my voice.. but the holy city of Shirdi and all the positive energy around helped me restrain myself.. and ya i managed to find another bus to Pune with in the next 15 min (in btw i also managed to get back 130 bucks from the travel agency :P) ... and then the next sequence of lies started - the bus guys said pune in 4-4.5 hrs ... 9.30 +4.5 i thot to myself max 2.00 in the afternoon ... 3.30 was when i got off at Pune ... i had spend a solid 3 hrs sitting beside the lovely and charming driver and another 2.5 hrs at the bus door listenin to the painfully irritating helper kid .. so i had successfully spent 17 hrs travellin in a bus
but then only thot that kept running thru my head thru this whole sojourn were the thots of the weekend wit ppl I would get to meet after 5 years, of how ppl would look after 5 yrs, of wat had happened in their lives in these 5 yrs - memories of my 4 years at matunga kept rushing back.
I ll always crib and cry and ya if given a chance burn down BABA travels for having duped me ... but I wud also give him a small little thank you for having forced upon me all these thots thru the unwantedly long journey ....

and finally - thnk u guys for havign turned up in numbers and for all of u who missed this reunion - better not miss it next time .... and ya Rahul Best of Luck mate and congrats ..

1 comment:

Vaishu said...

so u changed it from the pink template to a more sombre white...cheers!!!I shall not take u up on ur pune trip..silence....