Friday, January 2, 2009

THE YEAR GONE BY

An attempt at Poetry (not meant to hurt anyone feelings) ..
I stand here in 2009,
Looking back at the year Gone By,
Lots of memories - some good some bad,
All sum up to make 2008 real nice and fine...

It started on drunken high,
Hobbling around the campus with my frineds around,
Parties on rooftops, campfire, music and dance,
And all this in a state so dry ...

It took a while,
to clear up my bile,
By when I had my interview,
They made me an offer, to which I had to say YES

Life was beautiful, with the job in hand,
Waking up late mornings, breakfast at Rambhai,
With bataas, titto, randolf or nisha,
It was when I had my first - Legendary Sutta and Chai...

It was the final term, our last few days,
Of IIMA, of hostel life and College life,
We raised a toast, to Old times sake,
before we all went off on our own ways,

All of us, planned our last trip together
But then, a fate had its own plans in between,
I got a job, in bangalore, in ops..
Something i had wished for in my dreams...

Finally we headed Into the Wild,
No laptops, no nonssense, thank fully no mobiles,
Kaziranga, Bomdillah, Sela, Gangtok and Tawang
It was pristine nature, singng its sweetest songs...

we got back to life, and it was then we realised,
The time had come, for us to leave,
Two year at IIMA, two wonderful years,over..
It was really hard to believe..

Joined work the very next week,
And like a true consultant
Was packing my bags to leave the base
As I was headed back North East, with the first couple of days...

I have travelled a lot,far and wide,
Over the six months, have learnt a lot,
But the best are those days,
Which are spent sleeping at home ...

2008 is over and I feel bad,
I will miss a lot of things- frisbee, soccer, CT and friends,
But dont ask me how-what-why?
i just hope 2009 is as Good as the Year GONE BY ...
- William Wordsworth (muahahaha) ..
I sincerely apologise to any events/incidents which have not been mentioned in this above blog. It is unintended and not done on purpose..

3 comments:

foolsville said...

me likes!! :-).. except that u left ur OWN sister out of ur '2008 in the dry state memories'...

Randolf said...

Bahut badhiya likha hai mere dost....

Maja aya padh ke.......

nemo said...

just saw the write up .. beautifully captures your nostalgia!

Nidhi